Abstract submission by:
Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstract:
Early registration fee: June 30th,2019
Deadline for authors’ registration: June 30th,2019
HOW TO GET TO PADOVA
Three international airports are conveniently located nearby; Venice is the closest and the one with the best connections; other options include Treviso and Verona.
Venezia “Marco Polo” airport (VCE), 50 km; several destinations throughout Europe. Padua can be reached from Venice Airport:
- by individual taxi - the ride from Venice to Padua with an individual taxi costs about 100 euros.
- by collective taxi - surely the most convenient means of transportation considering cost and overall comfort. The service (Venice Airport to Padua) is run by private companies (e.g. Airservice and Landomas) at an average cost of 35 Euros per person (one-way fare). The ride lasts about 45 minutes and takes travellers directly to their hotel in Padua. Service to be booked in advance.
Contacts: http://www.airserviceshuttle.it E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.landomas.it E-mail: email@example.com
- by bus - the bus service is run by SITA; it departs from Venice Airport and arrives at Padua bus station, next to the train station. The journey takes an hour and ten minutes, and the frequency of buses varies from half-hourly to hourly during the day (the cost of one-way tickets is less than 10 Euros).
Treviso “Antonio Canova” airport (TSF), 45 km, low-cost airport with Ryanair and other carriers; Destinations: Dublin, London, Frankfurt, Bruxelles, Barcelona, Paris. The Treviso Airport - Venice ATVO bus service stops by Mestre station. If you're arriving at Venice Marco Polo Airport, you can catch a bus to Mestre and then take the train to Padua.
Verona “Valerio Catullo” airport (VRN), 88 km, many domestic flights and some international destinations (also low-cost); by train + bus
Other options further afield include:
- Brescia Gabriele D'Annunzio (VBS), 130 km
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGA), 190 km, many low-cost flights
- Bologna Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ), 120 km
Padua is at a key point on the Torino-Trieste and Venice-Rome rail routes and is consequently well served by the rail network. It is about two hours from Milan, 1 hour from Bologna and 30 minutes from Venice and Verona. All the trains to and from Milan or Rome stop in Padua. In front of Padua train station the APS city buses provide the urban connection service. Tickets are to be bought in advance at the APS booth.
- From Venice Airport or the North of Italy: take the "A4 Milano-Venezia"motorway, get out at the exit "Padova Est"(Padua, Eastern exit), then follow the indications for the centre of Padua. Padua is linked by motorways with Venezia, Milan and Bologna.
- From the South of Italy: take the "A13 Bologna-Padova" motorway, get past the exit “Padova Zona Industriale” (Padua, Industrial Area), where the A13 motorway branches off into the A4 - direction: Milan. Just 500 mt. after the junction, exit at "Padova Est" and follow the indications for the centre of Padua.
Via N. Tommaseo 59
35131 Padova - ITALY
HOW TO REACH THE CONFERENCE VENUE
The main site of IEB2019 is Padova Fiere, the main exhibition centre of the city. "PadovaFiere" is easily reached:
- From Venice – Milan: A4 Motorway (“Venezia – Milano”), exit at East Padua (“Padova Est”); then follow directions to “Fiera“.
- From the Bologna – Padua: A13 Motorway (“Bologna – Padova”), exit at South Padua (“Padova Sud”): then follow directions to “Fiera“.
Once you have reached "PadovaFiere", 4 convenient car parks are available with 2.150 parking spaces. The most convenient car park, while space is available, is Park Nord, with the entrance from doors E and L.
Useful link: www.autostrade.it
"PadovaFiere" can be reached with the Lines #5, #7 and #18 of the Padua city buses. The detailed map of Padua with the routes followed by the city buses can_be_downloaded_here (13 Mb)
As an alternative, a simpler interactive map showing the routes followed of the various city buses of Padua can be found following this link.
From the Padua Railway Station, "PadovaFiere" is just 500 m away, to the left, with the station behind you. The easiest entrance for those arriving by train and on foot is Hall 11 of "PadovaFiere".
Useful link: www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en