CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND SUBMISSION
EACCME (European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education)
An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME© for the CME accreditation of this event.
Original contributions on the following Workshop topics are encouraged:
- Cochlear Implant and Implantable Prosthesis
- Developmental Biology
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Ear Physiology
- Genetics of Deafness and Gene Therapy
- Imaging and Anatomy
- Immunology of Inner Ear
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Pharmacology of Inner Ear
- Physiopathology of Auditory Pathways
- Regeneration and Stem Cells
- Vestibular Disorders
- Other (please specify)
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM. Abstracts must be submitted online only: abstracts sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
Before starting the submission process, please check the submission guidelines.
- Abstracts should only be
- Extended deadline for abstract submission (for both oral and poster presentations) is June 30th, 2019
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Please use MS Word for Windows, font Arial, character size 10
- Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Keywords: list 3-5 keywords at the end of the abstract text in the Word template you will then attach.
- Abstracts may not have more than 500 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: . The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After sending your abstract, you will receive an email indicating userID and your abstract ID in case you want to access the system again to check your submission. Once the abstract has been sent it cannot be modified any more. Authors are responsible for verifying that all information sent is correct, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or : email@example.com
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to the corresponding author via email by July 15th, 2019
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file and onsite as a hard copy or as a DVD. Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the IEB Workshop by
July 31st, 2019. Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if it cannot be presented for any other reason, so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
New Abstract submission deadline:
Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstract:
Early registration fee: July 31st,2019
Deadline for authors’ registration: July 31st,2019
The Workshop will be held in a plenary section room. The duration of each oral presentation is 12 minutes plus 3 minutes for questions and answers. Presenters are requested to adhere strictly to the allocated speaking time. A total of 8 oral presentation could be presented per Section on different topics. Abstracts submitted for oral presentation could be assigned by the Advisory Board to be presented as a poster based on the date of submission and quality of material.
All presentations should be based on Microsoft PowerPoint. Speakers must bring their presentations to the "" in one of the following formats:
- USB Flash drive or mobile hard disk
- CD-Rom or DVD
If you have movies/audio files in your presentation, please check in advance very carefully that it runs smoothly.
Speakers should contact the technicians in the "Slide Centre" to upload their presentations at least two hours before the beginning of their session or in the late afternoon of the day before, in case of early morning presentations. Those with Apple-based presentations should make sure they are saved in a PC-compatible format.
Speakers will not be allowed to use their own laptop.
Posters are to be put up on the poster boards located in the poster area, on the board corresponding to the assigned poster number, in the morning of the day of the Poster Session, as described in the Congress Program. Posters will be on display until the end of the Workshop.
The IEB Workshop is not responsible for posters and materials left after the session.
Poster presenters should be available for discussion with Chairpeople and Delegates during their Poster Session.
Poster board dimensions are 100 cm wide (39 inch), 170 cm high (67 inch), portrait orientation.
Pins and adhesives for fastening the poster will be provided by the Organizing Secretariat. The official language is English. No translation will be provided.